Junior Ski & Snowboard Seasonal Rental Program
Watching your kid(s) improve their skills every season is great, but not having to buy new equipment every year is even better! At Sun & Ski Sports, our Junior Seasonal Rental program is an excellent option for families that do not want to buy new equipment each time their child grows. Whether your child is interested in skiing or snowboarding, our experts will accommodate your kid(s) with new equipment in the correct sizes needed to have the best winter adventures.
Program applies to junior equipment only. Products vary according to size. All rental equipment subject to availability and stock on hand.
Four Easy Steps To Get Started
We are looking forward to outfitting you for your junior seasonal rental. To help make this a quick and smooth process…
Please call your local store for size availability.
Be Present & Bring Socks
Your child must be present for fitting as we cannot size boots based on shoe size. Clean SKI SOCKS are also required.
Get Fitted & Checkout
For a $179 fee plus a one-time $150 deposit per rental, you’ll have custom-fitting equipment all season long.
Hit the Slopes
Keep your equipment at home during the rental period to enjoy skiing until the last snowflake.
Walk-ins are welcome and will be handled based on the availability of an associate that can help with the boot fitting and sizing process.
Ski & Snowboard Rental Benefits
• Skip the lines and hassle of daily rentals! Simply pick up your Jr. Seasonal Rental and watch your kid(s) ski and snowboard their way through the entire winter season.
• Free waxing and tuning as needed throughout the season.
• Peace of mind for only $10 – our insurance covers wear and tear damage experienced through normal use.
• Receive a $20 store credit when exchanging your equipment next season! Eligibility starts August 1, 2023.
We’re here to help you and your child have the most memorable of winter adventures.
Next season, exchange your equipment during the renewal period Aug 1 –Oct 31, 2023, to receive a $20 store credit.*Customers exchanging equipment outside our renewal period are NOT eligible to receive the $20 store credit.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I store my ski & snowboard equipment at home?
Always store your skis in a dry area indoors. Do NOT store in a garage, basement, or ski bag for extended periods of time—as a ski bag with leftover moisture can rust your ski’s edges. Make sure your ski boots are always clasped and locked when stored away, as unbuckled ski boots can lose their shape. After a day on the slopes, dry your ski boots’ liners to prevent a poor smell and to extend the life of the material.
Always store your snowboard in a dry area on a soft surface, as boards can lose their camber if kept on a hard surface. We recommend storing boards on a carpeted surface in the corner of a temperature-controlled room, in a closet, or underneath a bed. Do NOT store in a bag for extended periods of time, as a bag with leftover moisture can rust your board’s edges. After a day on the slopes, dry your snowboard boots’ liners to prevent a poor smell and to extend the life of the material.
Do I have to repay the seasonal rental fee and deposit every year?
- The fee will recur each year when you exchange your equipment during the renewal period. Most youth customers change sizes each year and need new equipment. However, the deposit will not be paid every year, as it rolls over for future annual rentals for as long as you continue to rent your equipment with Sun & Ski Sports.
If I decide to leave the Sun & Ski Sports rental program, do I get my deposit back? And if so, is there a certain date I must return my equipment by to get my deposit back?
- Absolutely. If you decide to leave our rental program, you will receive your deposit back in full, exactly how you paid it. There is no date requirement to receive your deposit back. When you return your equipment, you will get your deposit back. Or, should you choose to rent with Sun & Ski Sports again during the renewal period next season, your deposit will roll over into next year’s rental. There is no return date requirement for the deposit to roll over.
Do I get the $20 credit immediately after I return my gear next season?
- Yes, to make everyone’s life easier, we are going to give the $20 store credit immediately when you come to exchange it each year during our renewal period. Any returns before or after the renewal period are not eligible for the $20 store credit.
I forgot to turn in my equipment by the renewal period deadline. Is there a late fee?
- There is no late fee. However, you will have to pay the in season pricing instead of the preseason pricing—which is higher, and you will not be eligible for the $20 credit.
My equipment is damaged. What happens to my deposit?
- If your equipment is damaged, the $10 damage waiver you paid at the time of rental will cover normal damage. However, if you did not opt into the damage waiver at the time of rental, your deposit will cover as much of the repair cost as possible, or it will cover as much of the replacement cost as possible. In cases where the entirety of your deposit is used for reparation or replacement, it will not be refunded. Any remaining balance for the repair or replacement will be charged to your credit card.
This upcoming season, I want to use the same equipment that I used last season. Will you inspect and tune the rental equipment used?
- Yes. All youth and adult equipment will be inspected upon return, and we will verify the binding settings. Additionally, while we inspect your equipment, we will run it through the stone grinder and add a fresh coat of wax on the ski to ensure readiness for the upcoming season.
Do I have to use a credit card for the rental purchase and deposit? Or are debit cards and checks accepted?
- A credit card is required to rent equipment for the full season.
Is the deposit refunded as store credit, or as cash?
- Since a credit card is required to rent equipment for the full season, the deposit will be refunded to that credit card once the equipment is returned. However, if your credit card is no longer active, it will be refunded as a check.
What happens when I enroll again for a second year in this program?
- Same as your first year! Another $20 in credit, deposit stays in place, and the next year’s fees are charged.
Will there be any equipment service costs when I return the equipment?
- The only additional cost would be if you opted out of the damage waiver fees, and the equipment is returned damaged.
Is there a damage waiver? If so, how much is it?
- Yes, there is a $10 damage waiver fee that can be purchased at the time of rental agreement. The damage waiver includes normal use throughout the rental period. The damage waiver does not cover improper storage (rusting, etc.) and lost or misplaced gear.
My child has already grown out of their equipment. Can we swap out their equipment for something that fits them?
- Yes. If a child outgrows the equipment during the year, we will always swap out as the child grows.
What if the equipment my child needs after growing during the season is already rented to another child?
- There could be some minor delays if a store is out of a particular size, but since Sun & Ski Sports has multiple locations, we can move equipment around if needed. We also usually have rental equipment available that can be used in the seasonal rental program if needed.
My child has stopped growing. Can I hold my kid's equipment year over year?
- No, we need to inspect and tune your child's equipment before each season to ensure reliability and durability. Please bring your equipment to us during the exchange period next season for a refresh. Plus, you get a $20 credit by exchanging your equipment during the renewal period.
Do you offer free waxing and tuning during the season?
- We offer a machine wax and discounted tune anytime you bring your rented equipment into the store during the year.
My child is injured and no longer needs their seasonal equipment. What do I do with their equipment, and do I qualify for a partial refund?
- In cases regarding health and injuries, our representatives will work with your family and accommodate accordingly.